(1) When the sun is between the moon and earth
(2) When the earth is between the moon and sun
(3) When the moon is between the sun and earth
(4) When the moon does not lie on the line joining the sun and earth
Correct Answer : (3) The solar eclipse take place when the moon is between the sun and earth.
A solar eclipse take place when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, casting the shadow over Earth. Thereby obscuring Earth’s view of the Sun, totally or partially.
Such an alignment coincides with a new moon, indicating the Moon is closest to the plane of the Earth’s orbit. In a total eclipse, the disk of the Sun is fully obscured by the Moon. In partial and annular eclipses, only part of the Sun is obscured.
A solar eclipse take place at the phase of new moon, when the moon passes directly between the sun and Earth and its shadows fall upon Earth’s surface.
- East Timor, in Indonesian Archipelago, was the former colony of ?
- ‘Antisemitism’ to Adolf Hitler meant ?
- With the fall of which, the French Revolution began ?
- In Greek mythology, Apollo is the god of what ?