(3) Jacobin Club
Correct Answer : With the fall of Bastille, a prison in Paris, the French Revolution Began.
The storming of the Bastille occurred in Paris, France on the morning of 14 July 1789 and with the fall of it, the French Revolution began.
The medieval fortress and prison in Paris known as the Bastille represented royal authority in the centre of Paris.
While the prison only contained seven inmates at the time of its storming, its fall was the flash-point of the French Revolution.
The three stages of the French Revolution are as follows: –
- The first had been the revolt of the nobility, refusing to aid King Louis XVI through the payment of taxes.
- The second had been the formation of the National Assembly and the Tennis Court Oath.
- The storming of the Bastille and the subsequent Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was the third event of this opening stage of the revolution.
- In Greek mythology, Apollo is the god of what ?
- The constellation ‘Sapta Rishi’ is known to Westerners as the ?
- Which Scientist proved that the path of each planet around the Sun is elliptical ?
- In a solar or lunar eclipse, the region of earth’s shadow is divided into ?